GRC International Group releases new services to help companies manage Brexit
GRC International Group is proud to announce its GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) EU and UK Representative Services for all organisations that need to appoint an EU or UK representative before the Brexit transition period ends on 31 December 2020.
Under the EU GDPR, data controllers and processors outside of the EU that offer goods or services to EU data subjects must appoint an EU representative. This is also the case if an organisation monitors the behaviour of EU citizens, and vice versa for non-UK-based data controllers who will need to appoint a UK representative for dealing with UK data subjects.
GRC International Group’s EU and UK Representative Services are fast, efficient and affordable services that allow organisations to easily and quickly meet their compliance obligations under Article 27 of the GDPR.
The services are offered as annual subscriptions which are sold through GRCI Law, a GRC International Group subsidiary, and packages can be tailored to suit organisations of every size and budget with a variety of subscription levels available:
- Micro Subscription: 1 - 10 employees
- Standard Subscription: 11- 250 employees
- Corporate Subscription: 251 - 500 employees
- Bespoke Subscription: 501+ employees or multiple entities
These efficient and expert-driven services will support organisations and ensure all obligations are met under both UK and EU regulations. GRCI Law will:
- Act as a local point of contact for data subjects and the relevant supervisory authorities on all matters relating to the processing of personal data.
- Hold and maintain a record of the organisation’s processing activities following Article 30 of the EU GDPR and, on request, make the record available to relevant supervisory authorities.
- Facilitate communications between the organisation and its data subjects.
- Facilitate communications between the organisation and supervisory authorities.
- Co-operate with supervisory authorities on an organisation’s behalf where required.
To find out more about GRC International Group’s EU and UK Representative Services, visit the EU Representative Service here and the UK Representative Service here.
More Brexit-readiness products and services from GRC International Group
1. UK GDPR and DPA 2018 Data Protection Assessment
This service offers a one-to-one review of a company’s organisational processes and documentation following Brexit and identifies any gaps with a two-day GDPR and DPA 2018 (Data Protection Act 2018) assessment. The service includes an assessment of:
- Governance and risk management.
- The roles, responsibilities and scope of compliance.
- Privacy by design procedures, privacy information management and information security management.
- Measures to facilitate the rights of data subjects.
You can find more information on the UK GDPR and DPA 2018 Data Protection Assessment here.
2. UK GDPR and DPA 2018 after Brexit Training Course
Delivered by experienced data privacy consultants, this half-day training course gives organisations an overview of the key changes to the GDPR and DPA 2018 after Brexit.
The course covers:
- Roles and responsibilities after Brexit.
- Transferring data between the EU and the UK after Brexit.
- Brexit and devolution.
- The Brexit action plan – the policies and procedures that need to be reviewed.
You can find more information on the UK GDPR and DPA 2018 after Brexit Training Course here.
Alan Calder, CEO of GRC International Group, said:
“Brexit is coming, and with it are several key changes to how organisations deal with personal data from January 2021 - and the time to prepare is now. Our collection of Brexit-readiness products and services are designed to help all organisations, of every size, easily transition their current policies and procedures in line with new legislation whilst minimising business disruption. I’m proud that GRC International Group’s team of data privacy and security experts are leading the way and helping to guide organisations through this period step by step, and ensuring our clients remain compliant as we enter a new year, and a new chapter for privacy regulation and compliance.”
You can find out more about GRC International Group’s range of Brexit-readiness products and services and how they can help organisations by visiting the website here.